Wireshark 3.0.0 foi lançado. Um grande número de bugs foram corrigidos e outras funcionalidades foram introduzidas.
O Wireshark é a ferramenta mais popular de análise de tráfego de rede, utilizado tanto por utilizadores individuais, researchers, ou até, grandes empresas de segurança e redes.
A nova versão do Wireshark 3 vem com muitos novos recursos atualizados e remove o suporte para recursos legados.
Important Feature Updates –
- Initial support for using PKCS #11 tokens for RSA decryption in TLS. This can be configured at Preferences, RSA Keys.
- The IP map feature (the “Map” button in the “Endpoints” dialog) has been added back in a modernized form
- The macOS package now ships with Qt 5.12.1. Previously it shipped with Qt 5.9.7.
- Conversation timestamps are supported for UDP/UDP-Lite protocols
- The SSL dissector has been renamed to TLS. As with BOOTP the old “ssl.*” display filter fields are supported but may be removed in a future release.
- Coloring rules, IO graphs, Filter Buttons and protocol preference tables can now be copied from other profiles using a button in the corresponding configuration dialogs.
- The sshdump and ciscodump extcap interfaces can now use a proxy for the SSH connection.
- Support for DTLS and TLS decryption using pcapng files that embed a Decryption Secrets Block (DSB) containing a TLS Key Log.
- The Windows .exe installers now ship with Npcap instead of WinPcap. It replaces unsupported WinPcap packet capture library and the Npcap offers more speed, portability, security, and efficiency.
Pedro Tavares is a professional in the field of information security, working as an Ethical Hacker, Malware Analyst, Cybersecurity Analyst and also a Security Evangelist. He is also a founding member at CSIRT.UBI and Editor-in-Chief of the security computer blog seguranca-informatica.pt.
In recent years he has invested in the field of information security, exploring and analyzing a wide range of topics, such as pentesting (Kali Linux), malware, hacking, cybersecurity, IoT and security in computer networks. He is also Freelance Writer.
Read more here.